Ajwain seeds are considered good for natural digestion and are highly recommended by Ayurveda to persons who are suffering from gas or digestive problem. Mostly used to increase taste in the Indian food also had numerous health benefits.
My grandmom used to give me a mix of ajwain and black salt along with lukewarm water when I have an upset tummy. And this remedy work wonders. You can easily find some ajwain or carom seeds in any Indian or spice store. You can also order ajwain seeds online.
How to prepare Ajwain / Carom seeds water
There are many methods by which you can prepare and consume ajwain water. Here I am sharing two methods have a look:
1/2 teaspoon ajwain seeds/ carom seeds
2 cups water
- Combine water and carom seeds in a pan and mix well.
- Boil the water on a medium flame for around five minutes and switch off the flame.
- Strain the ajwain water using a strainer and keep it aside to cool and serve.
- Combine a teaspoon of carom seeds or ajwain seeds in two glasses of water and mix well.
- Soak this combination overnight and strain it with the strainer in the morning.
- The water will turn golden in the morning. Drink this water
fewtimes a day.
Health Benefits of Ajwain Water
- This magic potion helps in relieving acidity instantly. Sipping this drink a few times day helps in the treatment of acidity caused due to indigestion.
- The ajwain drink is also very good to cut down your belly fat and other shabby looking fats from the body. Just fill your bottle with the ajwain water and drink it in short intervals of time.
- Drinking ajwain water regularly is best for weight loss, especially for the ones who can’t limit their diet. This drink can also be taken as a tea, with a few drops of lemon and a pinch of black salt in it.
- Ajwain water is an excellent remedy for getting regular periods and relieving menstrual cramps. This Carom seeds water work as a tonic and is used to relax nerves during mensuration.
- There is nothing better than drinking ajwain water decoction prepared by boiling some tulsi leaves and cinnamon powder in it to beat cough and cold especially in winter season.
Hope you like the post, you can also visit below-provided links to know more health hacks.