Aloe vera has a great number of benefits, and that’s why it is used in various beauty and healthy products. While we spent quite a bit on those expensive products, It’s better that we should grow aloe vera on our home. This plant is super easy to maintain, its various benefits and uses is shown below.
For Face :-
- Regular application of this gel tightens the pores.
- Applying it to face helps moisturize skin, heal damage, & improve elasticity.
- Apply mixture of aloe vera & lemon juice to clear dark circles & also to shrink the pores.
- Mix equal quantities of aloe gel with granulated brown sugar. Squeeze few drops of lemon.Use it as a scrub. It exfoliate skin well, make it clean & fresh with goodness of brown sugar
- Use aloe vera as a makeup remover. Simply apply it on cotton, use it to remove your makeup. Work wonders for soft & delicate skin.
- You can mix some lemon juice with aloe vera & deep freeze in ice cube tray. Just rub that ice cube over sun burnt area. This will be a great relief.
- Mix 1 tsp of aloe vera gel + ½ tsp of Rose water + ½ tsp of almond oil + 6 drop lemon essential oil (or lemon), Mix well. Your skin whitening gel is ready. Apply this before going to bed. Leave overnight. You’ll see great result in few days.
For hair :-
- Mix aloe gel & lemon juice, use this mixture to massage scalp gently to reduce dandruff.
- Add aloe gel to your shampoo to moisturize hair well & to reduce shedding.
- This plants juice can add luster, richness & manageability to hair as well as heal some scalp abrasion & diseases.
- Before bedtime, wet hair thoroughly with aloe juice & allow to dry. Rinse thoroughly in morning.
- You can also make a aloe vera & castor oil hair mask for conditioning , nourishing & hair growth. In one cup of aloe gel, mix 2 tbsp of castor oil & powdered fenugreek. You can also blend this mixture to get a smooth paste. Apply on your roots & strands, wear a shower cap & keep it overnight so that it penetrate deeply.
For Health :-
- Dab the gel on wounds, bruises, sore, spots, bug bites etc for relief and faster healing.
- Drink 2 tbsp of aloe vera juice early morning empty stomach as aloe vera juice keep your cholesterol level under check.
- Aloe vera juice helps in the process of digestion & boosts immunity system. Intake of juice cleanses the digestive tract & help to detoxify the system.
Ever since I knew about aloe vera usage in cooking. I was skeptical about the taste & feel of sticky gel looked impossible to taste/cook.
Last week I tried a aloe vera infused orange juice & first sip changed my perception, the aloe pieces were not sticky & had a good bite.
Then came this aloe buttermilk idea. Combining with buttermilk made it quite nutritious & tasty.
What I did was I first extracted the gel and soaked in water for sometime. Then mixed the muddled aloe with buttermilk and seasoned with salt and jeera.
Remember to donot over add aloe vera to buttermilk otherwise some bitter flavor of aloe vera will overpower your buttermilk, and we do not want that. Just 1 tbsp of aloe gel is enough per glass.
- Aloe vera gel can be stored in refrigerator for 10 days, and in the freezer for as long as 6 months.
- Its better to plant your own aloe vera rather than buying from the market because market packed aloe vera contains ingredients such as alcohol or mineral oil, which dry out the skin & cause irritation & also these ingredients do not let the skin reap the complete benefits of aloe vera.