No matter what we eat we should definitely try to balance our daily intake of vitamins, minerals & fats etc.
Overdose or underdose of anything can be dangerous. So in between these tasty recipes, I’m going to share small “health hacks” & ways to subsume some super awesome superfoods into your daily habits 🙂
And today’s superfood is “AMLA” (Hindi) or “INDIAN GOOSEBERRY” (English). Amla offers countless benefits for your skin, hair & health by enriching your body with vital nutrients. It deserves to be incorporated in your diet and can be a healthy alternative for various dietary supplements sans the negative effect.
- These lovely lemon-green coloured balls are the richest natural source of Vitamin C. They contain 4 times the Vitamin C as found in Citrus fruits like orange.
- It’s an excellent antioxidant and it makes skin and hair beautiful.
- It has incredible benefits in curing hair fall, hair loss, prematurely grey hair etc.
- It is extremely useful in getting younger looking skin.
- Along with vitamin C Amla also includes vitamin A which helps in improving complexion.
- Amla is very beneficial for the eyes as well. It is believed to improve eye-sight and reducing the risk of cataract as well.
- Amla improves nerve health by facilitating the proper flow of blood.
- The high iron content in Amla facilitates oxygen transportation, preventing brain degeneration.
- Amla is low in sugar and high fibre fruit, making it perfect for diabetics.
- It is rich in many heart-friendly nutrients, which prevents the blockage of blood flow to the heart, reducing bad cholesterol.
Ways to incorporate Amla into your diet
- You can have one Amla daily for breakfast with a pinch of Rock salt or Kala namak.
- Or these days various brands provide pure organic Amla juice hence you can opt any one brand but make sure it should be organic, pure and 100 per cent pure amla juice.
You can opt one of these two brands one is Patanjali and the other one is the Green shield. Both are good, you can have this juice by mixing 15 ml of juice in water and most important try having it empty stomach.
3. You can also apply some fresh amla juice on your face and leave it for 5 minutes for that fresh glow.
4. You can also jazz up your plain orange juice or carrot juice by adding amla, to pack in immune-boosting vitamin C. For that you just need to grind one Amla with your favourite juice.
5. My mother used to make this instant ” Amla Murabba ” recipe. It’s so easy and quick to make, plus it’s even tasty too:). It tastes like jam so you can have a spoonful of this murabba any time of the day or you can have it with your roti too.
- To make this murabba what you need to do is just grate few Amla, and then mix grated Amla and sugar in a pan and put to heat. (sugar and amla in equal proportion)
- Cook Amla by covering the pan up to 10 to 15 minutes until Amla becomes soft and sugar melts.
Our amla murabba is ready :). By refrigerating this murabba it is edible up to 5 to 6 days or even more if its winter season.
So guys do include this amla into your daily routine for a better immune system and for that gorgeous hair and skin too. 🙂