These apple & muesli muffins are moist & flavorful dream.. They’re perfect for a Sunday brunch..
I’ve tried to make a healthier version of these muffins by substituting 50 percent of all purpose flour by muesli. The ingredients are also kept very simple. This is one heck of a perfect fall recipe <3
The secret ingredient that enhances the fluffiness of these eggless muffins is Curd..
Yes!! Curd mixed with baking soda & baking powder results in light & fluffy muffins.. 🙂
As I’m die hard nutella lover so its hard for me to self control & to not add nutella over my muffins. Nutella definitely can make everything and anything better!! I enjoyed these muffins much a lot to the tenth power!! 😀
Let’s see how to prepare this one..
- Melted butter or vegetable oil – 1 cup
- Curd – 3 tbsp
- All purpose flour (maida) – ½ cup
- Muesli or oats- ½ cup
- Apple chunks – ½ cup
- Powdered sugar – ½ cup
- Vanilla essence – 3 drops
- Cinnamon powder or Nutmeg powder – 1 pinch
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Milk – as required
How to prepare:-
- In a bowl mix curd, baking soda and baking powder and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl mix muesli or oats, all purpose flour,apple chunks, nutmeg or cinnamon powder, powdered sugar , a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Now add melted butter or vegetable oil to this mixture and few drops of vanilla essence and mix well
- Now add prepared mixture of curd, baking soda, baking powder to above mixture and mix well.
- Add some milk to bind the mixture. Consistency of mixture should be neither too liquidy and nor too thick
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for few minutes.
- Line the muffin moulds with cupcake paper or grease the mould with some butter and pour our prepared batter over it..
- Now bake our muffins in a preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Insert the toothpick into the prepared muffin to check if its fully baked or not..If toothpick comes out clean then our muffin is done and ready to be served 🙂
I prefer having these muffins with nutella but you can also enjoy them with a cup of tea or simply as it is.. 🙂
See you until next time.. Bon Appetit!!