Hello my chocolate obsessed friends I’m back with my cupcakes recipe. These cupcakes are moist, spongy, chocolaty & super tasty.
I bet that after one bite of these cupcakes you’ll be amazed that eggless cupcakes can also be so perfect. <3
It’s even better than any egg version of cupcakes.. Atleast that’s what people say !!
Btw it was my first time decorating them. I just loved every aspect of it.. From the creation to the execution & photography.
Now let’s see how to prepare these:-
- 1½ cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vinegar or ½ lemon
- ½ cup refined oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- Heavy Cream
How to prepare:-
- Boil milk. Cool it for 2 minutes
- Add lemon to curdle it, i.e we have to make curd cheese (paneer) from this.
- Drain extra water through strainer from curd cheese (paneer) now. Keep aside, we’ll need that remaining water too, to prepare our cupcakes.
- In a mixture blend curd cheese (paneer), by adding 2-3 tbsp of water into thin paste.
- In a bowl beat sugar, oil and vanilla essence with a beater till you get a smooth mixture.
- Now in another bowl sieve all purpose flour(maida), baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder, 3 to 4 times. This step is very important, because it incorporate air into our all purpose flour, and that’s how batter will be light and airy.
- Add all purpose flour mix into sugar and oil mix spoon by spoon.. Mix this
- Now slowly add that blended curd cheese (paneer) paste into above flour and oil mix.
- Also add that leftover water we get from curd cheese(paneer) into our batter.
- Now the cake consistency should not be very runny, & neither too thick.
- To check consistency cake mixture will fall from a tilted spoon on the count of 3, under its own weight & not need to be shaken off.
- If the batter is too runny add some flour into that, and if the batter is too thick then add some milk into it.
- Now in a cupcake tin, apply some oil, and dust it with some flour.. By this method your cupcake will not stick to the base of tin. It’ll come out easily.
- Now pour batter in the dusted tin. Fill up to half of the container.
- For oven baking:-
- Preheat the oven for 5 minutes at 180° C. Now put the cupcake tin into the oven and bake it for about 25- 30 minutes.
- To check that cupcakes are done or not insert a knife or toothpick into the center of cupcake. If it comes out clean, then our cupcakes are done. 🙂
- For gas or stovetop baking:-
- For stove baking you can use a steel or aluminium big mouth cooking pot , like – kadhai, big pan and dhokla maker. Now turn on flame and pre-heat your pot for five minutes.
- On the base of your pot spread a layer of common salt(this salt can be reused each time you bake). Place a small plate upside down in the middle of your cooking pot.
- Then place the mould upon the stand/rack in cooking pot. Cover cooking pot with its lid and turn the flame to low. Bake it for about 25-30 minutes.
- Now that the cupcakes are baked & your self control is fading, quickly it’s time to frost these babes. I’ve used a vanilla flavored soymilk heavy cream. This icing is very tasty & had a good shelf life. You can use any heavy cream you want.
- Add some icing sugar and vanilla essence into heavy cream. Beat heavy cream with an electric beater for 20 minutes or until you get hard peaks.
- Fill in the piping bags.. And decorate as per your creativity. 🙂
- Cupcakes can be stored in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature prior to serving.
Bon Appetite <3