Ah, pizza. One of the best foods ever invented.
Am I right? Of course I am. Everyone loves pizza <3
There was a time when I was obsessed with cheeseburst pizza.. (yes I was a fat kid back then!) Those were college days & every single week there was a pizza party..
And now especially in this freezing cold weather I crave for some delicious & comfort food.. So I’m here with this amazing pizza recipe. Can be baked in gas oven too. Its easy to make, & totally satisfy your craving. Working on a healthier version of pizza, I’ll share it soon..
Meanwhile enjoy this heavenly delight <3
Ingredients Required (Makes 2 pizza)
For Pizza Base
- All purpose flour (Maida)- 1½ cup
- Yeast (good quality) – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Warm water – ½ cup
- Milk powder – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Cheese Spread – 4 to 5 tbsp or as per required
For Pizza Sauce
- oil – 3 tbsp
- oregano or crushed ajwain(carom seeds) – 1 tsp
- onion finally chopped – 1
- Garlic flakes – 3- 4 or Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp (optional)
- tomatoes – 4 (all finally chopped)
- tomato puree – ½ cup
- tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion cut into thin semi circles
- 5-6 olives
- ½ cup american corn
- 1 tbsp jalepenos
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Grated processed cheese
For pizza base
- In lukewarm water, add sugar and yeast. Keep aside for 10 minute covered till yeast proffing occur.
- Sieve all purpose flour (maida), salt, sugar & milk powder.
- Add proffed yeast water. Knead soft dough, add butter, knead for 15 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic, keeping your surface floured.
- Grease up a bowl and put the dough aside to let it rest for atleast four hours.
- Now divide the dough into two equal parts.
- Now divide that one portion into further two parts in ratio 25%(top of pizza) and 75%(base of pizza)
- Roll with the help of rolling pin the top portion of pizza
- Roast both sides on hot and dry tawa(flat frying pan) for one minute.
- Roll base portion of pizza into thin sheet, apply properly cheese spread over it.
- Put cooked top of pizza over it & stick both the portions together.
For pizza sauce
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, add chopped onion & garlic. Saute till onion turn soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt & pepper. When tomatoes turn soft & well blended, add puree & ketchup.
- Add oregano. Cool till sauce thickens. Keep aside.
- Preheat oven at 200-250° C for 5 minutes.
- Spread 1 tbsp of prepared pizza sauce over pizza base leaving clean edges.
- Add topping vegetables, sprinkle with salt & pepper. Top up with cheese.
- Bake this for about 20- 25 minutes at 200°C.
Our cheese burst pizza is ready.. 🙂 Bon Appetit <3