Then why not try making it at home. Last week I saw a video in which rotten mangoes are being used to make frooti & maaza in industries.
Homemade is always best <3 You don’t know what you are being served in packaged drinks and food. Apart from stuffing your body with harmful chemicals and preservatives, sometimes spoiled and rotten fruits & vegetables are being used by such industries. There is no guarantee of freshness so until and unless there is emergency you should not consume such products.
And when you can easily prepare this at home, that taste even better than packed ones, with just 3 ingredients required and without any chemical or preservatives, you don’t have to buy the highly priced mango drinks from shops anymore.
Ratio of ripe mango & raw mango should be 2:1 based on size of raw mango. Substitute of raw mango can also be used here in place of raw mango and that is citric acid. Citric acid can also act as preservative in this drink and thus improve shelf life of your mango frooti.
- Medium ripe mangoes – 2
- Medium raw mango – 1 or Citric acid – 1½ tsp
- Water – 4 cup
- Sugar – ½ cup to ¾ cup (adjust)
How to prepare:-
- Take chopped raw & ripe mangoes in a pressure cooker.
- Add 2 cups of water. Put on stove & cook up to 2 whistles.
- Blend the cooked mangoes in smooth puree.
- In another container add 2 cups of water & sugar. Heat this until sugar is melted. We just want sugar to melt. Turn off the flame. Cool it down.
- Depend upon how sweet your mangoes are and how much sweet you want to make your frooti, add sugar and water mixture to the pureed mangoes.
- Consistency, sweetness & sourness can be adjusted by adding more or less water, sugar syrup & citric acid.
- If you are making this frooti without raw mango then add 1½ tsp citric acid after adding sugar syrup to it.
Once prepared chill the mango frooti for at least 3 hours. Refrigerate it & can be used up to 3-4 days . Serve it as a welcome drink 🙂 Bon appetite <3