Are you tired of chemical-filled products that promise you the perfect, pink pout but failed to deliver results? Then you’ve come to the right place. This homemade beetroot lip balm formula is an inexpensive, super-effective DIY for pink lips.
As the beetroot stains, everything it comes into contact with i.e hands, clothes or anything you eat. So it occurs every time in my mind when this gorgeous pink colour stains my hand why not to make a lip balm or lip stain out of it. Beetroot gives your lips a gorgeous pink tint and at the same time, clears up lip tan.
Because you want pink lips, this lip balm is the cheapest and best solution of all. And the best part is that this homemade lip balm stays fresh for more than six months. Cool
Ingredients required to make Beetroot Lip Balm at home:
- Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coconut Oil – 1/4 teaspoon
- Shea Butter – 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Vitamin E capsules – 2
- Beetroot Juice – 1/4 teaspoon
- Strawberry, vanilla, butterscotch or any other edible flavouring essence – 2 drops
Let’s see how to prepare Beetroot Lip Balm at home for pink lips:
- Wash the beetroot with water and peel off its outer layer and grate half of the beetroot and squeeze the required amount of its juice.
- Now combine the petroleum jelly, coconut oil, vitamin E capsule, shea butter, flavouring essence and beet juice in a small bowl and stir together with a spoon.
- Heat the mixture in a double boiler over gas or in a microwave for a minute or until all the ingredients are melted and liquified.
- Switch off the flame and stir in continuously the mixture until properly mixed.
- Beetroot juice will take time to mix well so be patient and keep on mixing regularly until the mixture starts to thickens.
Store in a clean container and use this for up to three months. To increase usage time store the prepared lip balm in refrigerator.
How does this Beetroot Lip Balm give pink lips:
Applying beetroot is one of the best inexpensive home remedies to get pink and plump lips naturally. The colour pigments present in beetroots such as betanin and
Applying this homemade lip balm will help in repairing chapped and dried lips as we’ve added vitamin E capsules in it. Vitamin E helps in keeping the lips hydrated and healthy.
This homemade lip balm also protects the lips from the damage caused by the sun as it contains coconut oil, which is a natural protectant.
Usage and Storage of DIY Beetroot lip balm
To give your lips natural pink colour and a permanent one apply this homemade lip balm every night on your lips as a mask before going to bed after washing or scrubbing your lips well.
This DIY beetroot lip balm can be also used as a cheek tint. As this lip balm is completely natural and free from preservatives you can apply some on your cheeks to give a natural blush.
After preparing the lip balm transfer it immediately into a clean container to store it for future use. Here, I have used my mom’s old bindi container, you can also use an old lip balm case to store it.
Must remember that the container or jar that you are using has to be super cleaned and dried out. This lip balm can be store this in the refrigerator to make it last longer. It can be used for up to six months to one year if you lives in a cold climate. For hot and humid ares this lip balm can be used for up to three to four months.