Because its valentine month, its pretty obvious to spill hearts in the life of people you love or maybe on your insta feed ..
Generally cookie baking is very fun process.. Especially when you are baking it with someone special. Yes!! This can be your very next date idea.. Rolling and shaping those heart shaped cookies & then filling them with your favorite jam!! yumm
I baked these cookies in many batches to get that perfect recipe on hand. At first my cookies were very crispy, although they taste good but extra crispiness is the issue.
Because I’m baking an eggless version. So in this recipe I’ve added little curd as an egg replacer. And some adjustments in baking time. By these adjustments what I get is crispy cookies on outside & soft, fudgy inside.
Let’s see how I prepare this
- Plain flour – 200gm
- Butter – 120gm
- Icing Sugar – 80gm
- Fresh Curd – 30gm
- Vanilla essence – 5 ml
How to prepare:-
- Using electric whisk or with normal whisk or spatula, beat butter & sugar together until softened and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence, flour and curd.
- Prepare soft dough.
- Wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, until firm.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into thin sheet
- Using a cutter, stamp out any shape of your choice.
- Using a smaller cutter, roll out the center of each biscuit.
- Place on a baking tray, lined by parchment paper or lightly greased by oil.
- Preheat the oven at 180º C for 5 minutes.
- Bake the biscuits for around 8-10 minutes.
- Bake for another 7-8 minutes in toast mode of oven. (i.e only upper heating rod on). This step will make your cookies really crispy & add color to them.
- With the help of palette knife or spoon slightly soften the jam.
- Place a teaspoon of jam of your choice into the center of the base biscuits & spread out a little. Press on the top biscuits & dust with a little icing sugar to serve.
- Remember to use a fresh curd or yogurt. Curd should not be sour, otherwise your cookies will turn out to be sour too.
- If there is any difficulty in binding the dough, remember you can add some milk if the dough is too dry to bind. And add some flour if the dough becomes over sticky or liquidy.