“I Love Birthdays…”
I know yeah what’s not to love??.. It’s the one day each year dedicated to pressing pause & asking yourself how you’re really doing…
I turned 24 last week & I’ve this mixed feeling of growing old as I’m marching towards being at an age of proper adulthood, of getting wiser day by day & still confused about many things in life.
As I’ve devoted my past one year time solely on personal growth & development I liked who I was becoming, but knew that there was still a long way to go..
For the coming year, I’ve plopped down with my journal and crafted a list..Ranging from serious to silly, personal to interpersonal, tangible to intangible there are many goals to accomplish over the coming year.
That piece of paper hung on my bedroom wall, slowly accumulating check marks.. 🙂
Now let’s have a look how to make this fudgier & most tastier brownies ever to make..
- Dark chocolate – 60 gm
- Butter – 30 gm
- Condensed milk – ½ cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1 tbsp
- All purpose flour (maida) – ¾ cup
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Baking powder – ¼ tsp
- Warm milk – ¼ cup
- Oreo biscuits – 1 packet
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt – ½ pinch (optional)
- Choose a ½ kg baking tin to bake ¼ kg brownie.
- Grease the baking tin or any other oven safe container with butter and dust it with all purpose flour (maida). (You can also cover your baking dish with parchment paper or tin foil if wanted to).
Now to melt chocolate:-
- Either you can take butter & chocolate in a bowl & melt it in microwave for 20 seconds.
- Or on gas boil water in a vessel. Keep the chocolate & butter bowl over this vessel and stir until the chocolate melts. This method is known as double-boiling.
For the brownie:-
- Add condensed milk, vanilla essence into melted chocolate bowl & mix gently.
- Into the chocolate mixture bowl, sieve all purpose flour (maida), sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder.
- Continue to mix and also add warm milk to it.
- Add half packet of Oreo chunks to our batter and mix well.
- Pour batter into the baking container.
- Apply layer of Oreo biscuits over batter.
- Preheat oven for about 7 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Now bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
For Baking on gas:-
- Take a pressure cooker of big opening or a steamer & cover it with a layer of salt at the base of cooker or steamer.
- Now preheat this for about 5-7 minutes by covering the lid of the container.
- Now place a stand on salt mixture and place your brownie container over it.
- Cover the lid and let it bake for around 25-30 minutes in medium flame.
- Insert a toothpick and see if it is properly baked or not.
- Bake it for again 5-7 minutes if required.
- Take them out and let them cool completely and serve.!!