When I think of this ice-cream plenty of childhood memories rewind through my mind. And one of my favourite memory of childhood is of my “grandma” “Amma”
Yess!! She used to make this ice-cream every other day. All the leftover milk of our home back then was used in this rabri ice cream recipe and we kids used to love it the most.
I still remember, how after coming from school in the scorching heat, I and my sis used to hop on this one. And amma watches us, with that beautiful smile on her face. 🙂
With her sweet lasting memories & great teachings, she’ll always live in our heart<3 No matter what!!
Let’s have a look at how to prepare it!!
Ingredients required in rabri ice cream recipe:-
- Full cream milk – 1 litre
- Sugar – 3 to 4 tbsp (as per your taste)
- Cardamom (elaichi) powder – a pinch
- Pistachios (pista) – for garnish (optional)
- Dried rose petal – for garnish (optional)
- Bring the milk to boil in a deep heavy pan.
- After that reduce the flame to low. Move the layer of foaming from boiling milk towards the rim, do the same as milk foams again. Keep doing this until milk is about half the volume.
- It’ll take around 20 minutes for the whole process to be done.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve it also add cardamom powder to it.
- Scrape small cream chunks collected on the side of the pan into milk. Cook for 2 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Let it return to room temperature naturally.
- Transfer prepared rabri into an aluminium container or any freezer safe container and garnish it with your favourite nuts. I’ve used here pistachios and some rose petals. You can also add chopped almonds too.
- Deep freeze this rabri overnight or for around 5 to 6 hours. And our ‘Rabri ice-cream” is all set to be served. 🙂
That’s all folks!! Bon-appetit
Liked the recipe? Try some other indian special summer coolers too, you gonna love them!!