Okay so new year is gone! Its time to balance out the treats with something a bit healthier. If you feel the same way, then this Tomato Soup recipe is just for you..
It’s comforting cozy & the perfect way to end a cold winter’s night..
Cornflour is the key here, to convert a normal soup of your home into a restaurant style one.. Onion & garlic are optional here, if you don’t like it in your soup you can totally skip them. But to get that authentic taste like your favorite restaurant, then do not skip it..
My soup is in bit of a spicier side because I’ve added both black & white pepper. Actually white pepper is very good for eyes. You can skip any of the pepper if you want to. No problem.
I also like flavors of different herbs in my soup like, cinnamon, bay leaves, dried oregano, Italian mixed herbs or so.
Let’s see how to prepare this dreamy creamy soup..
Ingredients Required( 5-6 servings)
- Onion – ½
- Tomatoes – 4 large or 400gm
- Garlic – 1 flake or Ginger garlic paste- ½tsp
- Cornflour – 1tsp
- Milk – ¾ cup
- Tomato puree – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Cinnamon powder (dalchini) – ¼ tsp
- Salt – 1tsp
- Freshly ground black pepper – ¼tsp
- Freshly ground white pepper – ¼tsp
- Fresh cream – ¼ cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Dried Oregano – ¼tsp
- All purpose Seasoning – ¼tsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 tbsp or Sugar – 1 tbsp
How to prepare:-
- To blanch tomatoes boil a pot of water. Add tomatoes in boiling water. Wait for 1 minute. Remove tomatoes from boiling water and peel off the skin and remove seeds from the center of tomato.
- In a pan add 1 tbsp oil, and bay leaf. Saute onion and garlic . Reduce heat.
- Dissolve cornflour in ¼ cup water.
- Add cornflour to onion garlic paste, stir continuously.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, cinnamon powder, salt, pepper and herbs. Cover & cook till tomato turn soft. Remove from fire and cool.
- Now blend this mixture to form a smooth puree.
- Add 3½ cup of water to this and bring to boil for few minutes.
- Add milk and boil for few minutes. Reduce heat.
- Add tomato ketchup or sugar.
- After few minutes remove from fire. Serve hot with cream swirl & fresh croutons.