I love baking and creating new recipes. It’s so satisfying to see something you pictured in your head manifested in an edible form.
Your guests will be wowed by this gorgeous rose apple tart, with sweet caramel glaze filling. And its eggless!
These mini tarts are not difficult to make but the technique really makes a great impression & the taste is amazing. 🙂 These tart are best eaten the day they are assembled.
- All purpose flour (maida) – 1½ cup or 210gm
- Chilled butter – 100 gm
- Icing sugar – ½ cup or 70 gm
- Chilled butter – 1-2 tbsp.
- Foil paper
For Filling (cinnamon glaze);-
- Granulated sugar – 100 gm
- Water – 60 ml
- Cinnamon powder (dalchini) – ½ tsp
For apples :-
- Apple – 2 large
- Lemon – 1
- Unsalted butter – 3 tbsp.
- Sugar – 50 gm
How to prepare :-
For tarts preparation :-
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour and sugar .
- Once they’re incorporated, add butter. Using the tips of your fingers, rub the butter into the flour until all of the butter is mixed in & you’re left with a grainy looking mixture.
- Get it together to form a dough.
- Shape the dough into a disc, wrap it in cling film & refrigerate for atleast 1 hour.
- Take the dough out after an hour, sprinkle flour generously on the surface & roll it out with a rolling pin about ¼th of an inch thick.
- Now with the help of cookie cutter, cut the rolled out dough into desired shape.
- Line your tins with it. Prick the tart with a fork all over. This will prevent your tart from puffing up .
- Next, take a piece of foil paper & brush the shiny side with butter & lay it on tart shiny side down .
- Freeze your tart for 30 minute. This again will prevent any shrinkage.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 180º C for 10 minute. Then, take off the foil & bake for another 2 minute for crust to brown slightly.
- Your tart shells should be golden & biscuit by this time. Let them cool for atleast 30 minutes before you start filling them.
Caramel Glaze Preparation :-
- Add in granulated sugar in a thick bottom pan. Over medium heat, melt sugar without water & cook until sugar starts to turn into light brown.
- Very carefully add in ¼ cup of water & cook for 1 minute. Stirring constantly, add cinnamon powder & mix well.
- Add ½ tsp of filling in prepared tarts.
For the apples:-
- Add the juice of lemon, 3 tablespoon melted butter and sugar to a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- Wash the apples, slice pieces away from the core and then slice very, very thinly. Ideally you could see through the slices, you want them to be very flexible and to look like petals when you’re finished.
- Toss the sliced apples in the prepared bowl and microwave for about a minute to 90 seconds to soften the apples. Toss them half way though and microwaving an additional 30 seconds if some are not softened.
- If you don’t want to microwave apples you can also cook them in a frying pan with sugar & butter to make it flexible.
- Roll the slices into a rose shape. Place on tart and arrange petals to your preference.
- Bake at 180º C for about 7-8 minutes.
- Apple Rose tart is ready to enjoy!! 🙂
Enjoy this with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Or just as a tea time snack!! Bon Appetit 🙂