My love for food starts with Italian food as I’m a huge fan of cheeeese, and pasta and yes pizza of course.. 🙂
So here I’m sharing my first Italian recipe i.e Italian Macaroni Salad. It’s so yum that I usually skip my lunch and have this salad instead. 😀
Now let’s have a look how’s it made
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 flake garlic
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Chilli powder
- mustard powder optional
- 1/2 tsp crushed ajwain or 1 tsp oregano leaves
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil or salad oil
- 1 cup boiled macaroni
- 1/2 cup soft corn kennels boiled
- 1 capsicum( roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cucumber( cut into small pieces)
- 1 tomato( cut into small pieces)
- 1 carrot (cut into small pieces)
- 2-3 lettuce leaves or cabbage leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 2 slices pineapple (cut into julliens)
- Pomegranate or cherry for garnishing
How to prepare-
- When using cabbage remove hard portion of cabbage leaves. Dip in boiled salted water for a minute. Remove from water, now pour cold water. Pat dry & tear into big pieces.
- Put pineapple (after removing black eye) into pressure cooker and add 1 lemon juice, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water into it. Remove pressure cooker from gas after one whistle.
- You can also use tin pineapple in place of it.
- For dressing grind (onion, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, oregano,red chilli powder, garlic, salt)
- Add mayonnaise and fresh cream or soya cream to grind paste.
- Refrigerate dressing to chill.
- Mix capsicum, carrot, tomato, cucumber, corn, cabbage, pineapple pieces, macaroni in a bowl.
- Sprinkle some black pepper.
- Mix chilled dressing and garnish with pomegranate and fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve chilled. 🙂