How’s the idea of losing weight while enjoying your favorite food?? So yeah I just thought to prepare a full section on recipes that’ll help people who are willing to lose weight by not at all compromising on taste factor.
You don’t need to starve yourself to lose weight. You can eat good food & still lose a ton of fat..
Welcome to paradise!! 😀
First & foremost thing that you should consume after waking up must be warm water with lemon, that’ll speed up your metabolism. You can read “Lemon water health hacks” to know more about why you should drink this..
Then comes the most important meal of the day i.e breakfast.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and a healthy weight loss diet cannot be complete without the inclusion of breakfast in it. It has been seen that those who skip breakfast as a precaution to limit calorie intake actually end up consuming more calories towards the end of the day. Having a healthy breakfast, supplies energy throughout the day & keeps you going. So for breakfast, the recipe I’m sharing here is Hung Curd Sandwich
It is one hell of a refreshing sandwich and it is extremely delicious, light and healthy. Let’s have a look how to prepare this one
For 4 sandwiches (you can increase or decrease ingredients as needed)
- Brown Bread (8 slices)
- 3/2 cup hung curd
- 1 small finally chopped onion
- 1 small finally chopped capsicum
- or any other seasonal vegetables of your choice (cabbage, carrot, steamed corn kernels, lettuce etc)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper powder
- few red chilli flakes or green chillies
- salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp sugar (Only if the curd is sour, as this will cut the sourness of curd)
- 1/8 tsp oregano seasoning or mixed herbs
- olive oil
How to prepare:-
- First step is that you should hang the curd properly in muslin cloth for about 2 hours so that all the moisture of curd is out.( This is the authentic way to prepare hung curd). What I did is that I pour curd over a tea strainer and leave it as it is for about 2 hours. And yeah I’m quite impressed by the result 🙂 I’ve left with thick and creamy curd.
- Now mix all the ingredients into hung curd and stir well.
I’ve added onion, capsicum, boiled corn kennels, cabbage.. You can add veggies of your choice.
- Now I’ve just placed this batter over bread..
You can also trim the edges of bread if you wish to but I found that is wastage of bread so avoided that.
- Brush your sandwiches with olive oil and put to grill (either in oven or over gas) for around 7 to 10 minutes.
- I usually prefer grill curd sandwich but you can also just have them plain or toast the bread separately & place the curd filling in it.
Serve it nicely with a healthy milkshake 🙂 Bon appetit!!
- For not so diet conscious people out there, you can replace hung curd with mayonnaise.. And your sandwiches will taste even more tastier.
- I’ve grilled this sandwich in a preheated oven. Around 5 minutes in baking mode and another 5 minutes in broil mode for that crispier version of sandwich.
- Make sure that all the water of the curd is drained. Or else your sandwich will become soggy and it won’t even taste good.