It’s said that way to a man’s heart is through the stomach. If that is the case, then buckle up ladies! It’s time to make them fall in love with this eggless chocolate cake recipe <3
This is a sure shot recipe to bake a perfect eggless chocolate cake. If you don’t have whipped cream, then no worries babies, this chocolate cake is best served with chocolate sauce and for that, you just require chocolate compound and some hot water.
Let’s start baking!!
Ingredients Required (1cup-200ml)
- All purpose flour (Maida) – 1½ cup
- Milk- 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar- 1 cup
- Lemon Juice- 2tsp
- Refined Oil – ½ cup
- Vanilla essence – 1tsp
- Cocoa Powder- 3-4 tbsp.
- Baking Soda- ¾ tsp
- Baking Powder -¾ tsp
For chocolate sauce
- The 300gm chocolate compound or any chocolate will do
- ½ cup hot water
Method to prepare Eggless Chocolate Cake:-
- Boil milk. Cool it for 2 minutes.
- Add lemon to curdle it, we have to make curd cheese (paneer) from this.
- Drain extra water through strainer from curd cheese (paneer) now. Keep aside, we’ll need that remaining water too, to prepare our cake.
- In a mixture blend curd cheese (paneer), by adding 2-3 tbsp of water into a thin paste.
- In a bowl beat sugar, oil and vanilla essence with a beater till you get a smooth mixture.
- Now in another bowl sieve all purpose flour(maida), baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder, 3 to 4 times. This step is very important because it incorporates air into our all-purpose flour, and that’s how the batter will be light and airy.
- Add all purpose flour mixture into sugar and oil mix spoon by spoon. Mix this
- Now slowly add that blended curd cheese (paneer) paste into above flour and oil mix.
- Also, add that leftover water we get from curd cheese(paneer) into our batter.
- Now the cake consistency should not be very runny, & neither too thick.
- To check consistency cake mixture will fall from a tilted spoon on the count of 3, under its own weight & not need to be shaken off.
- If the batter is too runny add some flour into that, and if the batter is too thick then add some milk into it.
- Now in a cake tin, apply some oil, and dust it with some flour. By this method, your cake will not stick to the base of the tin. It’ll come out easily.
- Now pour batter in the dusted tin. Fill up to half of the container.
For oven baking:-
- Preheat the oven for 5 minutes at 180° C. Now put the cake tin into the oven and bake it for about 25- 30 minutes.
- To check that if the cake is done or not insert a knife or toothpick into the centre of the cake. If it comes out clean, then our cake is done. ?
For gas or stovetop baking:-
- For stove baking, you can use a steel or aluminium big mouth cooking pot, like – kadhai, big pan and dhokla maker. Now turn on flame and pre-heat your pot for five minutes.
- On the base of your pot spread a layer of common salt (this salt can be reused each time you bake). Place a small plate upside down in the middle of your cooking pot.
Then place the mould upon the stand/rack in cooking pot. Cover cooking pot with its lid and turn the flame to low. Bake it for about 25-30 minutes.
Chocolate Sauce Preparation
- Add chocolate and hot water together.
- Mix well until the chocolate is properly melted.
Our chocolate sauce is ready. Pour it over cake and enjoy 🙂
Liked the recipe? Check out more delicious recipes like this
La Vida Es Bella 🙂 Bon Appetit <3