I’m little obsessed with macaroni and cheese.. So on cheat days I load myself with this super cheesy & absolutely delicious macaroni and cheese.
But if you have time & want to try a different version, then go for this baked macaroni and cheese.
I’ve added white cheddar, mozzarella & processed cheese to my recipe with some caramelized onion, roasted pepper, and boiled corn. Also, feel free to adjust cheese and veggies to your liking and availability. This is your mac & cheese, make it to your liking. 🙂
Okay folks let’s get cheesy ..
- Macaroni – 2 cup
- Onion – 1 (optional)
- Capsicum – 1 (optional)
- Boiled corn – ½ cup
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tsp ( optional)
- Butter – 4 tbsp
- All purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 2 cup
- Salt – to taste
- White pepper – to taste
- Dried oregano herb to taste
- White cheddar cheese (grated) – ½ cup
- Mozzarella cheese (grated) – ½ cup
- Processed cheese (grated) – ¼ cup
How to prepare:-
- Always cook pasta in lots of water, use only large vessel that you’ll fill up with lots of water. This will help you avoid stickiness & will allow pasta to cook evenly.
- Salt the water really well. Let the water boil.
- Put macaroni into water, it will take around 5-6 minutes for macaroni to cook properly. Check it by pressing with fork.
- After cooking, drain hot water & run macaroni under cold water & apply some olive oil to pasta so as to avoid any further stickiness.
- For caramelized onion, melt some butter and saute onion till it turns soft on a low flame.
- Roast a capsicum over gas, and remove black portion, chop into small pieces and saute this too for few minutes till it turns soft.
- In another saucepan, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk 2 tbsp all purpose flour into the butter & cook for one minute.(don’t cook for too long)
- Add milk, a little by little at a time & whisk it continuously until you’ve worked out all the lumps. Bring sauce to a simmer flame and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture has thickened about 6-8 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste.
- Remove sauce from heat. Stir in white cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese and processed cheese. Mix until cheese has melted. Add salt, pepper, oregano herb.
- Add caramelized onion, roasted capsicum, boiled corn and pasta to sauce & toss until pasta is evenly coated.
- Enjoy this mac & cheese as it is.. Or you can bake this it in an oven safe container for about 15-20 minutes at 180°C.
Congratulations!! you’re ready to make the world’s greatest macaroni & cheese!! 🙂 Bon Appetite..