If I am stranded on a desert island & could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, then that thing would be this macaroni salad. This one’s that tasty, trust me!
It’s so yum that I usually skip my lunch and have this salad instead. 😀
This is one heck of an awesome pasta salad. All the veggies made this salad extremely healthy. And it’s up to you what all veggies and fruits you want to add here.
What is responsible to make this macaroni salad recipe extremely delicious is its dressing. You have to try this once! Aap maan gye ya mai aur bolun :p
Now let’s have a look how’s it made 😀
Ingredients Required to make this delicious Macaroni Salad recipe:-
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar (optional)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 flake garlic (optional)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Chilli powder
- mustard powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp crushed ajwain or 1 tsp oregano leaves
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil or salad oil
- 1 cup boiled macaroni
- 1/2 cup soft corn kennels boiled
- 1 capsicum( roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cucumber( cut into small pieces)
- 1 tomato( cut into small pieces)
- 1 carrot (cut into small pieces)
- 2-3 lettuce leaves or cabbage leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 2 slices pineapple (cut into julliens)
- Pomegranate or cherry for garnishing
How to prepare:-
- When using cabbage remove the hard portion of cabbage leaves. Dip in boiled salted water for a minute. Remove from water, now pour cold water. Pat dry & tear into big pieces.
- Put pineapple (after removing black eye) into the pressure cooker and add 1 lemon juice, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water into it. Remove pressure cooker from gas after one whistle.
- You can also use tin pineapple in place of it.
- For dressing grind (onion, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, oregano, red chilli powder, garlic, salt)
- Add mayonnaise and fresh cream or soya cream to grind paste.
- Refrigerate dressing to chill.
- Mix capsicum, carrot, tomato, cucumber, corn, cabbage, pineapple pieces, macaroni in a bowl.
- Sprinkle some black pepper.
- Mix chilled dressing and garnish with pomegranate and fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve chilled. 🙂
Liked the post?? Then do try some these delicious recipes too..