There’s honestly nothing yummier in this world than a warm, light & fluffy, homemade roll! And the best part about homemade bread is how easy it is to make!
Today I’ve come up with these Supertasty Paneer bhurji Crescent Rolls. Combo of paneer bhurji and rolls tastes amazing. As paneer bhurji has combination of exotic Indian flavors it really goes well with our soft crescent rolls. To top it up I’ve added some processed cheese for that melting flavor.
I must give a pat on my shoulder, as in first attempt these rolls turns out to be so beautiful. And one good part is that if you don’t happen to eat all rolls at once, you can stick them in your fridge for another day! They freeze beautifully. Just pull them out of the freeze & allow them to come to room temperature before eating (or pop them in microwave for a few seconds).
For the rolls:-
- Lukewarm water(110 degree warm) – 3/4 cup
- Dry Yeast – 2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- All purpose flour (maida) – 2 cups
- Milk powder – 1 and half tbsp (optional)
- Butter or oil – 4 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
For the paneer bhurji filling:-
- Crumbled cottage cheese (Paneer) – 50gm
- Milk- 3 tbsp
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Onion chopped – 1 medium size
- Capsicum chopped – 1 medium size
- Butter or oil – 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder (haldi) – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder (dhaniya powder) – 1 tsp
- processed cheese – 1 small cube
- Salt – to taste
- Oregano powder (garnish)
- Chilli flakes (garnish)
How to make:-
- In a bowl take lukewarm water, add sugar, and yeast. Then keep aside for 10 minute covered. Remember water should be strictly lukewarm (temperature should be comfortable enough to dip your finger without burning). Not hot or cold. That will kill the yeast. And yeast should be of good quality. Remember yeast activation is the most important step in bread making. Quality of your bread depends on how well your yeast activation took place.
- When you see a foamy layer on top of your mixture, that indicates that your yeast has activated well.
- Now in a large mixing bowl, sieve maida , 3/4 tsp salt, milk powder, activated yeast. Knead soft dough. Add butter and knead for 15 minutes use stretch and pull method to knead the flour. Grease the bowl dough with oil and place your dough in it. Cover with clean wrap or slightly moist towel or muslin cloth. Keep aside for 1/2 hour to one hour till the flour double in size.
- Meanwhile prepare the paneer bhurji filling. For that in 2 tbsp hot oil slightly toss chopped onion till golden brown and also add capsicum to it and toss it well too. You can also add chopped tomatoes at this step if you wish to.
- Now add extra 1 tbsp oil and add cumin seed, when they start popping then add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix all spices well for around 1 minute on medium flame.
- Now add cream and milk to our spices mixture and mix it well too. Let it cook for around 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add crumbled cottage cheese to this mixture and mix well.
- You’ll get to know our paneer bhurji is getting ready when this gravy starts leaving excess oil.
- Meanwhile our dough will be double in size, punch it. Now take the dough an a dusted kitchen platform and gently pat into circular shape with the help of a roller.
- With the help of a pizza cutter or knife divide it into 6 equal portions.
- Brush each portion with butter or oil and place the filling on wider portion and garnish with oregano and chilli flakes plus top each portion with processed cheese too.
- Now start folding each layer from broader end towards the thinner end.
Like this 😉
- Now either spread parchment over baking tray or grease a baking container with oil and place these rolls like I’ve done here.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 5 minutes. Now place these rolls into oven and set the oven temperature to 200 degrees. Bake for around 20 minutes or until the top layer is golden brown in color. Apply some butter over it and serve these rolls with a hot cup of tea!! 🙂
See you until next time. I hope to inspire you to try something new! Bon Appetit!!