This Kala chana or Indian style chickpea salad is an extremely tasty, healthy salad made with boiled chana, veggies and seasoning. This vegan and gluten-free Indian Style Black Chana salad is a perfect “pick me up” dish after the hot workout session. Best for those who are aiming for weight loss or bodybuilding.
Prepared from Kala chana or Black chickpeas also called Bengal Gram. These Kala chana are the powerhouse of nutrients, rich in protein, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and have a very low glycemic index. That means it’s a perfect meal for diabetic patients as well.
Along with the boiled chanas all the veggies and lemon that is being added in the salad enhance the taste and nutritional value. More seasonal veggies can can added to the salad as per your taste.
How to make High Protein Black Chana Salad:-
- Soak overnight Kala chana or Black Chickpeas in enough water.
- You can make the salad with overnight soaked chana as well. Most people and especially bodybuilders eat chana or chickpeas this way because of high nutrition content.
- To prepare cooked chana salad, wash kala chana in freshwater and put into the pressure cooker along with 2 cup water and 1 tsp salt. Wait for 2 whistles on high flame and 3 whistles on a low flame then turn off the flame. Let the pressure gradually release from the pressure cooker.
- Now in a pan add some oil and add cumin seeds to it. When cumin seeds start bubbling up add dhaniya or coriander powder to it.
- Add the boiled kala chana to the pan. Mix well and cover for a few minutes. Also add the cubed paneer or cottage cheese to the pan, mix well and cover cook further for few minutes.
- Now in a separate bowl add this prepared chana and chopped tomatoes, onions and cucumber to it.
- For the dressing squeeze the fresh lemon juice to this along with chaat masala.
- Adjust salt and seasoning as per your taste. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and our high protein vegetarian salad is ready.
Make this High Protein Chana salad as a regular part of your diet and enjoy the benefits!! Toodles.
Liked the recipe?? Then do try some other healthy recipes from my blog. Few links mentioned below.