What could be more comforting than a cup of hot fresh clear vegetable soup with a little salt & pepper? Usually, when you are sick or has a cough or cold you don’t feel like having anything but want something to soothe your throat then this can your best bet.
A bowl of this clear vegetable soup will keep you hydrated with a sense of fullness. Prepare this at home for someone who has a cold or cough or any flu as this soup has green vegetables in it which will boost your immunity and gives a big-time relief.
The clear vegetable soup is one of the simplest, delicious and weight loss soup recipes. This you can prepare with a few fresh or leftover veggies which you can grab from your kitchen. Let’s have a look at the clear vegetable soup recipe for weightloss.
How to make Clear Vegetable Soup
- Put any deep pot or pan over the flame and add butter or ghee to it. Add finely chopped ginger and garlic to the butter and saute for few seconds until the rawness disappears. Do not brown them.
- Then add a bay leaf to this. Also, add the chopped white part of green onion to this. Saute until the onion becomes translucent.
- Now add the chopped carrots, French beans, cabbage, capsicum, peas and broccoli to this and saute for one or two minutes. You can add any veggies of your choice.
- Add water to this and season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Cover the pan and sim the flame on low to the medium of the vegetable soup and cook till the veggies are almost done. Also, add the sweet corn to this and cook for another five minutes.
- Prepare a slurry of cornflour and water and once the soup gets almost cooked add the slurry to the soup and mix well.
- Let the soup cook for another five minutes. The consistency of soup will become thicker now.
- Add the juice of a lemon to the soup and stir well. Garnish with chopped green onions and serve hot.
Adjust the seasoning as per your taste. You can add some oregano powder to the prepared soup to enhance the taste. Serve hot and enjoy.
Liked the clear vegetable soup recipe for weightloss? Then do try some other delicious soup recipes to https://forkfulofhappiness.net/homemade-tomato-soup-recipe/ https://forkfulofhappiness.net/recipe/easy-rasam-recipe-how-to-make-rasam/ https://forkfulofhappiness.net/recipe/healthy-cream-of-spinach-soup/