Can’t we give our beloved Poha the title of “Best Breakfast Fixture”?? I mean why not? I don’t even know a single person yet who doesn’t like Poha. If you know any non-poha lover out there, then do let me know in the comments section below. Yeah, I really want that to know.
Okay! Let’s come to the point. Why do we love Poha so much?? Because it tastes good, and because it’s healthy, can be made in no time, easy to cook, and the list can go on. This ubiquitous Poha is practically eaten in every Indian home and I don’t even need to tell all this here, you must have already known but but but “Poha to pyaar hai yaar, thori tareef to banti hai” 😛 Haina..
Acha okay.. Enough of pkauing Today I’m here to give our beloved Poha a more healthy and Twisting turn by adding Soya to it. Don’t worry the soya granules are so beautifully going to mix up with your “authentic poha” recipe that you’ll not even realize that it’s added or not. You just need to soak the soya granules in water for ten minutes and add these granules along with the veggies while sauteing. The nutrition value of the same recipe will go high with all the added protein content.
Okay okay.. Thank me later, and go try the recipe now. This recipe is not mine actually, this recipe was taught in my nutrition class I tried it, loved it and so I thought why not share the recipe here. You know na “Sharing is Caring”. Huh.. Enough of talks for now!! Let’s jump over to the recipe and see how it’s made 🙂
Healthy Soya Poha Recipe :-
- Wash well the flattened rice or poha in enough water and keep them aside.
- Also soak the desired quantity of soya granules in enough water for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Deep fry the chopped potatoes in the oil. Keep them aside. Also fry the peanuts in the oil as well and keep it aside too.
- Now heat 4-5 tbsp oil in a deep pan or kadhai. When oil becomes hot add the mustard seeds to it.
- When the seeds start popping add the chopped green chillies and kari patta leaves and turmeric to it.
- Mix well and add the chopped onion to this.When the onion turns translucent, add the green peas to it and mix well. (You can omit the onions the dish, if you want to like I did. Don’t worry this is going to taste delicious without the onions too)
- Add the chopped tomatoes and soaked soya granules to this. Also, add the desired salt to this. Let this cook for a few minutes, or until lightly sauteed while mixing well.
- Add the soaked flattened rice or poha to this and saute it properly for further few minutes until mixed and cooked well with all the other ingredients.
- At the end don’t forget to add the dash of lemon juice into this healthy poha recipe. Finally, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame. Serve with a cup of hot tea in the breakfast or as a tea time snack. Enjoy!
Hope you liked this Healthy Poha recipe. You can check out some other amazing healthy recipes over my blog. Do check out these links. http://forkfulofhappiness.net/recipe/palak-khichdi/ http://forkfulofhappiness.net/recipe/quinoa-upma/ http://forkfulofhappiness.net/recipe/beetroot-sauce-for-pasta/