Sundarkala is a Pahadi “Uttrakhand” style homemade aata noodles recipe. Can be prepared from your regular wholewheat Roti dough. On one of those days when you have leftover dough at home, this very simple and delicious recipe of homemade Aata Noodles can be prepared.
I got the recipe inspiration from my best bud Neha. She is a Garwali and they consume Sundarkala along with their signature “Namkeen Chai”. In coming days I’ll share that recipe too. So stay tuned. Let’s see how to make this delicious Pahadi Delicacy “Sundarkala”
SundarKala- “Homemade Aata Noodles”
- Prepare a soft dough of whole wheat flour by adding water and half teaspoon of salt.
- In a pan boil water and add half teaspoon of salt. Prepare thin noodles from the prepared dough by rolling hand.
- Add the rolled noodles in the boiling water and let the noodles cook for about 7-8 minutes or until cooked.
- In another pan add two teaspoons of oil and turn on the heat. When oil turns hot add chopped green chillies and chopped onions to this and let it cook until onions turn translucent in colour. Now add capsicum to it and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add cumin seeds to the oil and let them splutter. Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, Maggi magic masala to the pan and mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and let them cook for another 5 minutes. Now add salt to this and mix well.
- Finally, add the cooked noodles into the veggies pan and give everything a good mix. Add black pepper and salt if required. As per your taste and serve hot.