Now that’s what we call Fork Full of Happiness :p The tangy tomato and spicy chilli with the bursting flavour of oregano and cheese make the sauce absolutely finger-licking. You are going to love this classic homemade Spaghetti sauce with fresh tomatoes.
This is one of an amazing flavorful recipe that one must try if a fan of Italian food or pasta. To work for Indian taste buds I’ve spiced the recipe a bit with green chillies and black pepper. To serve this vegan homemade spaghetti sauce made with fresh tomatoes I have used the whole wheat spaghetti.
Let’s see how to prepare this delicious Recipe:-
- First, we need to boil Spaghetti by adding in the boiled salted water and boil it for around 10 minutes, until cooked. Then pour the cooked spaghetti over the strainer and add the cold water over it.
- Now we need to blanch the tomatoes by adding in the boiling water and then peeling off the skin.
- Now chop the tomatoes in small pieces.
- Now in a pan heat 3 tbsp of butter, and add Bay leaf, green chilli and onion to this and saute well until onion turns soft.
- Add garlic and fry on slow flame. To thicken the pasta sauce I’ve added all-purpose flour or maida to this and keep stirring on slow flame till it turns light brown.
- Add in blanched and chopped tomatoes to this and saute well.
- Add salt, pepper and sugar to this and mix well. Also, add tomato puree to this and cook for 2 minutes. Add chopped coriander, oregano and mix well. Adjust the spices as per your taste.
- Now place spaghetti in the plate, surrounded by thick sauce. Garnish with grated cheese and coriander or parsley and serve.
Now when you are done preparing the Spaghetti do not forget to open the windows to torture the neighbours coz your house is going to smell so good 😉 Bon appetite!!
Hope you liked this recipe of Homemade Spaghetti Sauce made with fresh tomatoes. You can try my other favourite recipes too.. https://forkfulofhappiness.net/macaroni-salad-recipe /https://forkfulofhappiness.net/creamy-spinach-sauce-for-pasta/