Pearl Barley is one of the healthiest grain which I’ve recently come across. Barley contains some of the very important antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Barley is a good source of soluble fibre which aids in weight loss and lowers down hunger pangs.
Thereby I’m experimenting a lot with this super grain these days, so you are going to see more recipes made from the Barley coming days. 🙂 For now, it’s Pearl Barley Pulao. It’s a very delicious recipe, and I regret that why I’ve not tried this dish earlier.
So easy to make, very tasty and a healthy weight loss recipe. What else you’ll expect from a dish? Plus you know what, this Pearl Barley Pulao tastes somehow like my favourite “Sabudana Khichdi”. Do try it by yourself, and let me know if you feel that too ;). Now let’s see how to cook this Pefect Pearl Barley.
How to Cook Pearl Barley Pulao:-
- Clean and soak the Pearl Barley overnight or a minimum of 4-5 hours.
- Pressure cook the soaked barley by adding 1 tsp of salt and 2 cups of water for up to 3-4 whistles. (Depends on the quality of pearl barley you are using)
- Finely chop all the vegetables.
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp of oil, add mustard seeds and when the mustard seeds start popping add in the chopped green chillies and curry leaves. Add in the chopped onion and cook until it becomes translucent.
- Add in the turmeric powder and chopped potatoes and cover the pan. Let this cook for around 4-5 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.
- Add in the chopped capsicum and tomatoes and cook for few minutes. Add in the roasted peanuts, cooked barley and salt as per your taste into this.
- Mix well everything together and let this cook for another 4-5 minutes.Finally, add in the lemon juice and switch off the flame. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot
Loved the recipe? Do try some other tasty and healthy recipes from my blog Healthy Vegetable Soya Poha Recipe How to make Quinoa Upma | Healthy breakfast Idea Dal, Brown Rice and Palak Khichdi | Healthy lunch Idea