Boondi are small fried balls prepared from chickpea flour and goes very well with raita or whisked curd. This Boondi raita is a classic side dish goes very well with Indian recipes and especially with north Indian ones.
Usually, people buy boondi packets to prepare boondi raita. Once anyone gets to know how simple it is to prepare boondi they are not going to buy packets anymore.
With just three ingredients required this recipe is so easy and quick to make. You are going to love the recipe. Let’s see how to make boondi at home
- To prepare Boondi first, you need to prepare a batter of besan or chickpea flour and water. The batter must be of pouring consistency like pakori batter or as shown below.
- Now heat the kadhai or deep bottom vessel with the oil in it.
- When the oil becomes super hot put a ladle with holes over it and pour the batter over it slowly. As shown below.
- The kadhai or vessel is filled with Boondi’s or mini-balls. Cook while stirring boondi continuously over medium flame until crisp.
- Upon cooking put the Boondi over tissue paper or kitchen paper towel to soak the excess oil. Store the Boondi in an airtight container upon cooling.
- Now to prepare raita just whisk the curd to make it smoother and pour this crispy boondi over it along with spices like salt, pudina powder, roasted cumin powder and mix well.
Our homemade Boondi raita is ready for serving. Like the recipe? Then try the other Indian specials recipe too http://forkfulofhappiness.net/recipe/how-to-make-rasam-powder-at-home-south-indian/ , http://forkfulofhappiness.net/homemade-thandai-syrup/