Beauty comes from within. Everything that is applied to our body is absorbed by our skin. Which is why one needs to beware from the chemicals.
When we refuse to consume chemicals then why do we apply it to our bodies? Therefore to take care of the body naturally I have borrowed the simplest of ingredients from my own kitchen and prepared this soap aka face pack that can be used every day and has a shelf life of around 2-3 months.
You know there come times when I don’t want to apply soap base facewash on my face. I just want mildest of mild cleansing. At that time this DIY soap in my freezer came to the rescue.
Skin Benefits of this Multani Mitti Facepack
Multani mitti or fullers earth is the best cleanser for the skin as it absorbs the oil from the skin well while lending a healthy glow to the skin. By the addition of coconut or almond oil to this soap, it becomes useful for both oily and dry skin types. Neither dry for skin types and neither oily for oily skin types.
Coconut oil reduces the damage of free radicals and sun, while fatty acids in the almond oil help skin retain moisture and can heal chapped and irritated skin.
Besan or chickpea flour traditionally used as a cleanser to maintain the pH of the skin while removing dirt and toxins within. Besan evens out the skin and gives it a radiant glow. Turmeric is the best antiseptic which can help your face clear up from acne breakouts and calms the skin.
This multani mitti facepack or DIY soap works well with all skin types and the best cleanser with no side effects alongside providing a healthy glow to the skin.
How to make this Multani Mitti Facepack
- First of all, you need to make a thin paste of Multani mitti or fullers earth with water.
- When using multani mitti powder just add water and prepare the paste.
- While using hard stone of multani mitti you need to soak it in the water for at least half an hour or until the Multani gets mushy and a smooth paste can be made.
- After preparation of the paste add besan or chickpea flour, a tablespoon of almond oil, two tablespoons of coconut or castor oil and half teaspoon of turmeric powder to this.
- Mix well and prepare a thick paste. Add more water if required.
- Now take two cups which have a lid over it. Pour the prepared paste into it. Cover and put into the freezer.
- Deep freeze the cups and apply over face, neck or body when required and refreeze again in a container.
- Wash over with cold water when dry. The prepared soap has a shelf life around 2-3 months when kept in a freezer.
Hope you liked this DIY soap experiment of mine. I’ve also shared a DIY of beetroot lip balm and it’s been a hit. Do check out if you haven’t yet. Link is here: https://forkfulofhappiness.net/how-to-make-beetroot-lip-balm-at-home/.