Hey, today I’m sharing this recipe of stuffed potato balls which is a simple yet very different delicious recipe. These potato balls are stuffed with coconut and nuts filling which is worth trying.
My mom used to make this potato balls and we call it aalo ki kachori. I don’t have any idea why we call it kachori at home, but we did it. So yes, you can try making them at home on the arrival of sudden guests or enjoy a rainy day with them. 🙂
How to make Stuffed Potato Balls:-
- Boil potatoes and then peel and grate them. Keep aside.
- Now prepare the stuffing that is going to be filled inside the potato ball. To prepare the stuffing, take around 1 cup mashed potatoes to this add 1/2 cup the mixture of chopped cashew nuts, almonds, and raisins.
- Add chopped green chilli and chopped coriander leaves to the stuffing as well, along with salt and a little bit of sugar. Mix all the ingredients together to get along all the ingredients together.
- Now take the small amount of mashed potato mixture and make it into the round ball. Flatten the round and keep a tablespoon of prepared stuffing in the centre.
- Bring the ends together and make it into a ball again. Prepare all the balls in the same manner.
- Heat oil in the frying pan on medium heat. To check if the oil is ready, put a little grated potato in the oil. The grated potato should rise to the top but not change colour right away. Drop the prepared potato balls slowly in the oil 4-5 at a time depending on the size of the pan.
- Fry the potato balls slowly until they turn golden brown, turning them occasionally. Once done, take them out in a paper towel to absorb the extra oil.
- Serve this crispy potato balls with ketchup or tamarind chutney or green chutney and enjoy!!
I hope you liked this stuffed potato balls recipe. Then do try these too The Best Ever Samosa Filling Recipe Thick Poha Chivda recipe Shakarkandi Chaat | How to make Sweet Potato Chaat