This raw papaya stir fry or chutney is very popular in Gujarat and is famous as Papaya Sambharo. It is crunchy and spiced chutney typically served as an accompaniment with fafda, gathiya and snacks.
Fafda is a crisp fried snack made from gram flour which tastes amazing with papaya chutney. This is a very simple recipe prepared from a few simple ingredients and somehow taste like mildly cooked salad.
Raw Papaya has many health benefits as it is a rich source of many important nutrients such as vitamins, proteins, phytonutrients, and enzymes like papain and chymopapain which has antioxidant properties, good for skin and digestion.
Let’s see how to prepare this Raw Papaya Chutney for Fafda:
- First, peel and grate the unripe or raw papaya.
- Now in a pan heat the oil and add mustard seeds to this.
- Once mustard seeds start crackling, add sliced green chillies to it.
- Now add turmeric powder and grated papaya to it and mix well.
- Now add salt to this and give it a mix.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for around five minutes.
- Uncover the pan and cook the papaya chutney for another three minutes while stirring continuously and switch off the flame.
- Serve fresh with Khakra and Enjoy!! 🙂
Liked the recipe? Then do try this at home. You can also try the special Khandvi recipe http://forkfulofhappiness.net/how-to-make-khandvi/. So very delicious and easy to make. Just need some practice. Do try!!